How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

GPS - global positioning system

Do you have a GPS? I do. I love it! It can take me anywhere. All I have to do is listen to the voice announce the directions and follow. My husband will even listen to the directions when the GPS is giving them. Of course we had to change it to have a male’s voice, because he says he won’t listen to a women giving directions, LOL! But, at least we get where we’re going. Even if we hear the occasional – “recalculating”…“recalculating”, due to a wrong turn, we still get where we’re going.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a GPS that guided us through life? Man, it sure would be nice to have directions for life! We could probably think of a million questions we would like to ask our life GPS; Where should I go to school? Should I go to school? Who should I marry? Where should I live? Should I have kids? What church should I attend? Those are just a few; I could go on and on.

I have great news!!!

We do have a GPS for life – GOD’s Positioning System! God has given us His Holy Spirit to lead us through life. All we have to do is listen to His voice and follow. We may not know where He is leading, but if we listen and follow we will get there; even if we hear the occasional, “recalculating”…“recalculating”, we’ll still get there. God knows where we’re going; we just need to listen to His Holy Spirit and follow.

I wanted to attend the ladies retreat held at MVNU earlier this month, but had way too much school work to complete. So, I thought I would have to wait till next year. But, my life GPS was telling me different. I won a set of tickets to the retreat; and so, I went. Speaking at the retreat was Lysa TerKeurst, President of Proverbs 31 Ministries. I went expecting to hear from God, through my life GPS. I went expecting something great from God. And boy did He deliver!!

In the last session of the retreat Lysa told about a conference that is put on by Proverbs 31 Ministries each year. At the instant she even opened her mouth to begin to tell about it, my GPS began to speak. I heard the quiet voice giving directions to my heart. Lysa went on to describe the event as an all women’s conference held in North Carolina, and its purpose is to equip women who are speakers, writers and women’s ministry leaders to better fulfill their ministry callings. My GPS was speaking loud and clear at this point, although my vision was unclear as it was blurred by tears.

Because I have left my career to finish college so that I might serve the Lord in a ministry setting, funding for this conference is not in our budget, not even a little in our budget. But, my life GPS is speaking and my wish is to follow. Now, to be honest, I really don’t know where my life GPS is leading me. And to me that’s ok! I don’t know what plans God has for my life and the ministry I will someday have for Him, but I know that He knows. He tells me so in His Word, “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

My GPS is saying go, and so my heart is to follow. I am trusting that the Lord will provide the way, so I have already registered and am sooo excited about going and seeing what He has for me to learn!

Please pray for me as I attempt to follow the voice of my life GPS, the Holy Spirit; as I attend the conference and as I discover the position God has in His plan for me.  My prayer is that you will hear and follow your GPS!

You may click here to learn more about the She Speaks conference.

You may click here to learn about a scholarship contest for the She Speaks conference.


Blessings!
Kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment